Not registered as user yet
Name: Andreas Stefik
Bio: Andreas Stefik is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, USA. He completed his Ph.D. in computer science at Washington State University in 2008 and also holds a bachelor’s degree in music. Stefik’s research focuses on computer programming languages and development environments, with an emphasis on how competing language designs impact people in practice. He won the 2011 Java Innovation Award for his work on the National Science Foundation funded Sodbeans programming environment and is the inventor of the Quorum Programming Language.
Country: United States
Affiliation: University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Personal website: http://web.cs.unlv.edu/stefika/index.php
Research interests: Usability of programming languages and technologies for the blind and visually impaired.
SPLASH 2014 Activities
- Committee Member in Program Committee for SPLASH 2014 SPLASH-E
- Presenter of Designing Programming Languages for People: Data-Driven Methods within the Tutorials-track in SPLASH 2014
- Committee Member in Program Committee for PLATEAU
- Presenter of The Programming Language Wars within the Onward! Essays-track in Onward!
- Show activities from other conferences
View general profile